Why Use Video Marketing?
June 13, 2018
Video marketing is here, and it’s here to stay
Today, video marketing usage is rising rapidly among brands and marketers. Having a strong video marketing strategy plays a crucial role in the success of your outreach and branding efforts. It’s one of the most effective ways to thrive in your industry and attract more clients. This is mainly because it’s the fastest and easiest way to learn and retain information. Hubspot recently reported that 99% of those who already do use video, say they’ll continue to do so in 2018 and 65% of those who don’t currently use video, say they plan to start in 2018. What does this mean? That video is here to stay. Think about this: A Facebook executive predicted that the platform will be ALL video in less than five years, and we already see that coming true.
Other reasons why marketers rely on video:
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 76% of businesses say it helped them increase traffic.
- 83% of consumers would consider sharing it with their friends.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from brands in 2018.
How to use it to your advantage:
Live Video/ Live Streaming
- 82% of consumers prefer live video from a brand instead of social posts.
Live videos give a unique perspective on the behind-the-scenes of our company. Here you can live stream interviews, internal and external events, Q&As, presentations, and encourage engagement with viewers by commenting with questions.
Video Tutorials/ Demo
- 91% of customers have watched a tutorial video to learn about a product or service.
- 79% of customers would rather watch an explainer video to learn about a product than read text.
Showcase how your product or service works. Here you can take someone who is unfamiliar with your products and walk them through how it works to allow prospects to fully grasp its value and potential.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
A solid brand video is the best way to increase relatability and trust by showcasing your company’s vision, mission, value, or products and services. You can even display your employee’s individual passions to allow viewers to connect. The ultimate goal is to build awareness around your company and attract your target audience. Check out the Spectruss video.
Case Study and Customer Testimonial Videos
- The top three most effective video types are product demo videos (49%), tutorial videos (50%), and customer testimonial videos (51%). (Forbes)
One of the most effective ways to build trust is by showcasing your happy and loyal customers. Describe the challenges and how your company helped them meet their goals.
- 94% of marketers who use influencer marketing find it an effective practice, and can generate up to 11x the ROI of traditional advertising.
Find the influencers or thought leaders in your industry and conduct short interviews on camera. This is a great way to build credibility and establish authority with your target audience.
360-Degree/ VR Video
- 90% of Americans believe that content will be better in 360-degree video than in a traditional one.
- 59% of businesses that used VR video for marketing purposes said that is was an effective marketing tool.
Virtual reality allows viewers to navigate and control their experience. Brands should consider leveraging virtual reality at conferences and industry tradeshows.
When creating your video, think about these questions:
- Who’s your target audience?
- What’s the goal?
- When and where to share your videos?
- What’s the budget?
- Are there additional creative requirements?
- Who will be featured?
- How long should it be?
- Is it a series of videos?