There’s no denying that video content is more engaging today than ever before… and it’s here to stay! Are you struggling with how to get the most use out of your video content? In this article, we’ll share a few tips and tricks on how to effectively get multiple pieces of content from one video.
Full Length Videos:
A full length video can be a great educational piece to use for your brand. However, when it comes to Instagram and Facebook, shorter clips perform best. If you have a video over 15 minutes, put that on your Youtube channel. You can always share your Youtube video link on your social media page with the “swipe-up” feature. Youtube links are also great to insert into your scheduled email campaigns. Hype up your readers by telling them how awesome your new video is, insert a visual to entice them, then add your Youtube link.
Do you have a video over 1 minute long? Upload that to your IGTV channel. According to Instagram, the maximum length your video can be is 15 minutes when uploading from a mobile device. 60 minutes when uploading from the web.
Make Edits to the Full Length Video:
Take up to 1 minute clips from longer videos and use them as Instagram Reels. Your engagement rate will be higher by doing this. Followers are more likely to watch shorter videos all the way through vs. a full length video.
Add a Viral Song or Soundbite:
The songs that are viral on TikTok are usually the same songs that are viral on Instagram Reels. You can use the same edit for both social media platforms. That’s called killing two birds with one stone!
• Don’t be afraid to cross-post the same content on all social media platforms – in fact, that’s what you need to do!
• Incorporate lifestyle content into your social media calendar. This helps you not come off as too “salesy”.
• You don’t have to dance. When the TikTok craze first began, everyone was doing the same dances. If that’s your thing, go for it! But if not, that’s ok too. TikTok and Instagram Reels are not for dancers only.
• Take 3-10 second video clips of everything. You can add multiple video clips to TikTok and add them together! This makes for great content.
• Have fun – loosen up on camera! Show that you are relatable, someone who the viewer could be friends with in real life. Get on camera and talk about an embarrassing moment from your childhood that everyone can get a giggle out of!